Monday, February 27, 2012

International Man of Mystery

Global views of this humble blog, or
proof that people outside the US are crazy too.
Last time I ended with a fancy pants French phrase, and that brings me to an interesting point. You may be feeling quite alone reading this blog as you do, anxiously awaiting each installment with a burning obsession. But I bring good news - you are not alone.  In fact,this blog has acquired quite an international following. As you can see, the blog has visitors from every populated continent except Africa. (Breaking news: literally during the drafting of this post I got a hit from South Africa). I beg you, if you know someone in Djibouti please ask them to visit this blog.  Also, maybe one of you new Lockheed Martin contractors in Antarctica could use a little entertainment - you could also send me a million bucks and keep the other $1.999 billion you'd have left from that contract. So far, the countries I see represented in the logs are (in rough order of number of visits):



United States
France
United Kingdom
Australia
Russia
Germany
Netherlands
Philippines
Guatemala
Canada
Sweden
Ireland
Norway
Brazil
Czech Republic
Ukraine
Italy
Belgium
Moldova
South Africa

Now, when I have mentioned this to friends around town the overwhelming question is "why?". Thank you for the vote of confidence. It is true that some of the traffic from Russia turns out to be from a spam site trying to get me to visit them. But the rest appears to be legitimate traffic from people who even come back sometimes. So, peoples of the world - here is your big "shout out" as we say here in en-us. If you're out there and don't mind being counted leave a comment below with your country and I will try to use "fancy pants" phrases in your language in the future. I can't imagine my writing makes any sense after Google translate is done with it, but I thank you for clicking through anyway. In the immortal words of Bartles and Jaymes, "Thank you for your support."


No comments:

Post a Comment