Thursday, September 29, 2011

First Gas Run and Turning Heads

I now know what my wife has known for years: what it's like to be a hot girl. With only two gallons of gas in the tank and a questionable gas gauge, I decided it was excusable to venture a little farther for a gas run since I can't even make it to an inspection station without more gas.  It's a 10 minute drive from our house to the nearest gas station, so while this would not be the longest trip by length of time, it would definitely be the farthest from home, and therefore the longest walk home if something went wrong.  So I double check for my cell phone, and put on a jacket as it's a cold day.  The floor boards probably put out enough heat to keep me warm, but you never know.





It's a glorious drive - a complete redemption of the "breakdown" incident.  Absolutely no problems.  My "hot girl" revelation comes (now that I'm driving out more in public than I have been) through the
turned heads, pointing, smiles and a few thumbs up.  One guy leaned out of his window to talk to me about the car at a stop light.  Hilarious. Needless to say I don't normally attract this kind of attention driving to get gas, or anywhere for that matter.  While some people buy cars to impress others that's never been a thought for me, and I don't care a whit about the attention, but it actually does make it more fun to drive seeing that some people seem to like the car almost as much as I do.  

4 comments:

  1. How big is the gas tank? Regular or Premium?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tank seems to be about 10 gallons, but I thought I'd read 12 gallons. I'm just using regular so far and haven't noticed any problems. The engine wants leaded gas of course but works without it. The 10% ethanol that is in modern gas is a problem for some parts, and apparently it boils at a lower temperature so that the gas in the engine can vaporize when the temperature spikes after turning the car off (when the fan isn't running). I've not experienced any related problems from either of those (yet).

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess you're not driving it today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, in fact it's been a spotty month with all the rain! Brenham and I were caught in a little sunshower last week, but it wasn't too bad and we found cover.

    ReplyDelete